1. How are the copy number of plasmid vector and yield of the recombinant protein related to each other?
More copy number means higher degree of expression of the foreign DNA; hence more product is obtained.
1. Prove the standard identity sec2θ - tan2θ = 1 by using sin2θ + cos2θ = 1?
LHS = sec2θ - tan2θ
= 1/cos2θ - sin2θ/cos2θ
= (1 - sin2θ)/cos2θ
1. Why has the Duke sent for Bellario?
Expected to face difficulty in this case - Shylock was adamant in wanting his bond and the Duke wanted to save Antonio, who was a friend and fellow Venetian. Bellario was an experienced lawyer - the Duke hopes that Bellario’s expertise would save Antonio.
1. Is it important to quote the exact words on the casket?
It is fine if you do but a paraphrase is equally acceptable.
1. What are the disadvantages of iteration?
Some disadvantages are: If, for instance, you need to remove some item during your iteration, this cannot be done in many implementations. Same set of variables and code is used for iteration process.
1. Why do only the unlisted companies other than NBFCs and HFCs need to transfer 10% of nominal value to DRR and not the rest?
One of the recent measures taken by the government to boost the fear-ridden bond market, was its decision to do away with the requirement for all listed companies, unlisted NBFCs, and HFCs, to create a Debenture Redemption Reserve (DRR) for their outstanding debentures. According to the government this move would improve the ease of doing business and deepen the bond markets. All India Financial Services and Banking Companies, were, even earlier, exempted from this provision.
1. Explain the line, "The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance".
It is more noble to show compassion than to take revenge.
1. How to find out the different occupations from the topographical map?
Different colours signify different occupations. For example, Yellow (yellow wash) - agriculture; green (green wash) - forestry; white wash - grazing / mining (if kilns present); DB / PTO / Hospital - Government service.
1. What is Supersonic sound?
Any speed more than the speed of sound is Supersonic.
1. What is the positive degree of an adjective.
The Positive degree of comparison is the basic level of comparison. This is the level where nothing is being compared. The positive degree is used to describe one person, item or group. Some examples - Smart, happy, beautiful, young, large.
1. What is an easy way to remember how to convert active to passive?
Identify the doer of the action. Next identify the receiver of the action. Interchange their positions. Now use 'be' or 'to be' with the past participle to form the passive.
1. When can the term of the Lok Sabha be increased for one year?
When the country is under an emergency.
1. Why can the Rajya Sabha not pass a bill?
It can pass all Ordinary Bills. It has no power over a Money Bill.
Answer one question from Section A and four questions from Section B. In Section B choose questions on at least three textbooks which may include EITHER Shakespeare’s The Tempest OR Bernard Shaw’s Candida. You are required to select questions on one play only, EITHER The Tempest OR Candida in Sections A and B.
Answer Question 1 (compulsory) from Part I, and five questions from Part II, choosing three questions from Section A and two questions from Section B.
Attempt five questions in all. You must attempt at least one question from each of the Sections A, B and C. You may attempt the remaining two questions from any section of your choice.
You have to attempt all questions from Section A and any four questions from Section B.
Attempt all questions from Part I (Compulsory). A total of five questions are to be attempted from Part II, two out of three questions from Section A and three out of five questions from Section B.
Page 1 of 2