Welcome To ICSEsyllabus.in
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). CISCE is a private, non-governmental board of school education in India. ICSE is conducted for class 10. Private candidates are not allowed to appear in this exam.
ICSE (Class X)
The subjects are divided into three groups:
- Group I includes compulsory subjects
- History, Civics and Geography
- Second Language
- Group II includes any two or three subjects from
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Environmental Science
- Commercial Studies
- Modern Foreign Language
- Classical Language
- Group III has any one subject from Computer Applications, Economic Applications, Commercial Applications, Art, Performing Arts, Home Science, Cookery, Fashion Designing, Physical Education, Technical Drawing Applications, Yoga, and Environmental Applications.
All subjects have components of internal assessment, that are carried out by schools, on the basis of assignments, project work, practicals and coursework. There is 20% weightage for internal assessment in group I and II and 50% weightage in group III.
ISC (Class XII)
English is compulsory with three, four or five elective subjects. You can not enter for more than six subjects including the compulsory English subject.