The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). CISCE is a private, non-governmental board of school education in India. ICSE is conducted for class 10. Private candidates are not allowed to appear in this exam.
January 10, 2021
1. How are the copy number of plasmid vector and yield of the recombinant protein related to each other?
More copy number means higher degree of expression of the foreign DNA; hence more product is obtained.
January 03, 2021
1. Prove the standard identity sec2θ - tan2θ = 1 by using sin2θ + cos2θ = 1?
LHS = sec2θ - tan2θ
= 1/cos2θ - sin2θ/cos2θ
= (1 - sin2θ)/cos2θ
December 27, 2020
1. Why has the Duke sent for Bellario?
Expected to face difficulty in this case - Shylock was adamant in wanting his bond and the Duke wanted to save Antonio, who was a friend and fellow Venetian. Bellario was an experienced lawyer - the Duke hopes that Bellario’s expertise would save Antonio.
December 20, 2020
1. Is it important to quote the exact words on the casket?
It is fine if you do but a paraphrase is equally acceptable.
December 13, 2020
1. What are the disadvantages of iteration?
Some disadvantages are: If, for instance, you need to remove some item during your iteration, this cannot be done in many implementations. Same set of variables and code is used for iteration process.
December 06, 2020
1. Why do only the unlisted companies other than NBFCs and HFCs need to transfer 10% of nominal value to DRR and not the rest?
One of the recent measures taken by the government to boost the fear-ridden bond market, was its decision to do away with the requirement for all listed companies, unlisted NBFCs, and HFCs, to create a Debenture Redemption Reserve (DRR) for their outstanding debentures. According to the government this move would improve the ease of doing business and deepen the bond markets. All India Financial Services and Banking Companies, were, even earlier, exempted from this provision.
November 29, 2020
1. Explain the line, "The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance".
It is more noble to show compassion than to take revenge.
November 22, 2020
1. How to find out the different occupations from the topographical map?
Different colours signify different occupations. For example, Yellow (yellow wash) - agriculture; green (green wash) - forestry; white wash - grazing / mining (if kilns present); DB / PTO / Hospital - Government service.
November 15, 2020
1. Does the amplitude remains constant in resonance?
No, amplitude keeps on increasing and becomes maximum.
November 08, 2020
1. What is Supersonic sound?
Any speed more than the speed of sound is Supersonic.
November 01, 2020
1. What is the positive degree of an adjective.
The Positive degree of comparison is the basic level of comparison. This is the level where nothing is being compared. The positive degree is used to describe one person, item or group. Some examples - Smart, happy, beautiful, young, large.
October 25, 2020
1. What is an easy way to remember how to convert active to passive?
Identify the doer of the action. Next identify the receiver of the action. Interchange their positions. Now use 'be' or 'to be' with the past participle to form the passive.