1. The trend in metallic nature of metals as we go from top to bottom in a group:
2. The colour change observed when the solution of magnesium hydroxide is tested with the following indicators:
3. The compound which is a non-electrolyte:
4. Twice the vapour density gives:
5. The number of lone pair of electrons in the nitrogen atom in ammonia molecule:
6. Elements with similar valence shell configuration in a Periodic Table are placed in:
7. The gas liberated when sodium sulphite reacts with dilute sulphuric acid:
8. Thickness of metal coating during electroplating depends on:
9. Ionic bonding is seen in:
10. The molecular formula of an organic compound is C6H12O6 and the empirical formula is CH2O, the value of n is:
11. When an electron is added in the valence shell:
12. The most electronegative element is:
13. The bond in Carbon Tetrachloride is:
14. The type of bonding present in the nitrogen molecule:
15. A compound with Empirical formula XY2, has the vapour density equal to its Empirical formula weight, its molecular formula is
16. Identify one statement that does not hold true for electrorefining of copper:
17. The observation when ammonium chloride reacts with potassium hydroxide:
18. The colour of the precipitate formed when ferrous ions react with ammonium hydroxide solution:
19. During ionisation, metals lose electrons this change can be called:
20. The oxide of a metal that reacts both with acid and alkali to form salt and water:
21. The property which decreases from left to right across the periodic table:
22. On the basis of electronic configuration the period and group of B59 is:
23. Select the ion that would get selectively discharged from the aqueous mixture of the ions listed below:
24. Hydronium ion is formed when a molecule of water combines with:
25. The condition that is most appropriate for electroplating with nickel:
26. The hydroxide which is soluble in excess ammonium hydroxide:
27. Which statement is not true for electrolysis?
28. H2Y is the formula of a compound. What is the valency exhibited by Y?
29. The particles which attract one another to form electrovalent compounds are:
30. Which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
31. The salt formed by partial replacement of hydrogen ion of an acid by a basic radical.
32. Alkali which dissociates only partially in aqueous solution:
33. The property that matches with elements of the halogen family are:
34. Cathode is a reducing electrode because:
35. The simplest ratio of the atoms of carbon and hydrogen is 1:1. Identify the possible molecular formula.
36. The empirical formula of the compound is CH2O, the possible molecular formula can be:
37. Observe the Periodic Table to answer the questions:
In the above table some elements are mentioned with their own symbol and position of the Periodic Table while others are shown with a letter. Answer the following questions pertaining to the same.
(a) Identify the most electronegative element.
(b) How many Valence electrons are present in Q?
(c) The formula of the compound formed between E and O is
(d) The type of bond formed between A and X: